Friday

Surfs Up, Dude!

I've be a little slow lately on the blogging front as I've been surfing up a storm. I've been tracking down more sites and resources about online safety from all over the world. Some are great, some are good, and some are just a waste of bandwidth. The point is that there is a lot of information out there about protecting kids. That tells me I'm not the only one who sees this concern as something that really needs attention. Parents all over the world have the same concerns you and I do about the online world and how best to both protect our kids and give them the freedom to explore the wonders available. The problem with finding help and advice is the same as the internet in general - it's hard to sort out the good from the bad. Well, that's what this blog and my web site are all about. I hope to help steer you to the places I think have some real merit and value. That way, you won't have to waste a lot of time surfing the seven seas like I've been doing over the past few days.

So, here's my first recommendation. Check out this great site created by the Guardian Angels. You remember them - they're the folks made famous for wearing red berets around New York to discourage bad behaviour and reduce crime in the really tough parts of town where police seldom bothered to go. Their site is a great resource for parents, educators and even law enforcement. It has tips and help, and even a way to report abuse if you're a victim. It's the kind of help that makes some parts of the internet worth surfing.

Oh, yeah, check out the recent updates on my website at http://www.kidfriendlyinternet.com/ where I've been busy updating my links to include lots of great places like the one I mentioned above.

No comments: