Thursday

Fresh Air instead of Refresh Screen

This blog is all about keeping our kids safe online. But did you ever stop to wonder why this is even a problem we need to worry about. Why are the kids spending so much time on a computer in the first place? Why aren't they outside playing in the park? Well, the folks at Playborhood have decided to do something about it. They've dedicated their time and effort to promoting the notion that kids should be kids. Here's just a little of what the founder, Mike Lanza, has to say on the topic:

"When I think about my kids’ (boys, 3 and soon-to-be-born) futures, I’m terrified. I’m not terrified that they will have inferior educations or live in an unsafe world. I’m terrified that they won’t have very much fun. To illustrate my point, take a moment to think of the ten best memories of your childhood before high school. Chances are, if you’re over 30, most of these memories involve playing outside your house with friends, not scheduled events with adults around."

I for one support Mike and his playmates entirely.

No comments: